Recovering loss from food processing streams
Use of clarifiers, decanters, hydrocyclones, DAF and Save-Alls during wastewater treatment equals lost by-product and lost profits.
In meat processing, it is not uncommon to discover that as much as 1,000-2,000 ppm of saleable by-product is lost to effluent treatment as unwanted sludge.
One Baleen ‘120-Series packaged plant can reclaim around 4 metric-tonnes per hour of meal/fat/fibre from 2,000GPM of effluent (subject to survey). At profit/savings of US$50 per Tonne and 4,000 operating hours (Per Year) it’s not difficult to see that Baleen provides for a solid return on Investment (measured in months).
- 0.05” (1.25mm) pre-screen or similar (ideal but not essential)
- Onsite/offsite screenings/by-producf management
- Concrete foundation and Utility requirements (subject to site survey)
- By-product Recovery for revenue (Stage 1 – Resource Separation);
- SPN land avoidance/reduction;
- Inline DAF energy/consumable savings & improved discharge compliance;
- ‘Fit for Purpose’ water re-use opportunity (Stage 2 – Barrier Filtration);
- Rapid Return On Investment (Basis: SPN US$0.08/Ib & By-product US$0.12/Ib).
Benefit to the Environment
Baleen delivers dramatic treatment-plant energy-savings (viz. DAF alternative) and in-process water-savings (viz. Drum Screen spraywater recycle or other re-use opportunity).
Baleen is readily integrated into existing operations using gravity pipework with clean by-product delivered for immediate offsite cartage.
More than 10-years of continuous service in this industry confirms Baleen can consistently yield by-product of 12-14% solids content, which can be mechanically thickened to as much as 15-30% if required.
- Major part change-out in 15-30 minutes
- ‘Hot Swap’ automation to alleviate operational downtime
- Exceptionally low service requirement per annum.
- FAT cerfified, ready-to-install plant
- Packaged in customised 40-ft (12.5m) shipping containers
- ‘Connect and Use’ within 14-days of delivery
- Complete pipework, framework and utility connection provisions
- Locked-in process-performance monitoring
- Online density/flow log of recovered by-product volume
- Instrumentation and remote-monitoring for full auto-operation
- Detailed design (PFD, P&ID and 3D CAD) for optimum durability
- No chemical or potable water requirement for operation
- Compliant to international safety, electrical & building codes.